This section will allow you to select hubs to be used individually or as part of an assembly. Ruland jaw coupling hubs undergo a proprietary machining process to produce a curved jaw profile that press fits with the spider, assuring zero-backlash operation. The curved jaw profile concentrates the forces to the center of the spider’s limbs, improving the effectiveness of the elastomer material. Jaw couplings are considered fail safe because if the spider were to fail, the jaws of the two hubs interlock for direct power transmission, allowing the application to be safely shut down for maintenance.
This section will allow you to select spiders to be used individually or as part of an assembly. Ruland offers users the ability to tailor the performance of jaw couplings to match their application needs as spiders are available in three durometers, 85 Shore A for greatest dampening, 92 Shore A for balance of dampening and torsional stiffness, and 98 Shore A for a small amount of dampening and highest torsional stiffness. Stand offs on the spider limbs help installers maintain proper spacing between the two hubs, assuring electrical isolation and full angular misalignment capabilities. Spiders are designed to be the wear element of the coupling making replacement cost effective and simple while restoring full performance abilities to the coupling.
This section will allow you to select the components to create a complete coupling. Please note that all orders ship unassembled. When you are ordering or downloading CAD all components are individual. They must be specified on any purchase order with a minimum of two part numbers. The combinations listed are a complete offering combining all available hubs and spiders. If the combination you are looking for is not available please use live chat or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if your combination can be manufactured. Stainless steel hubs and spiders with center holes are also available by request.
- Curved jaw hubs and press fit spiders for zero-backlash performance.
- Balanced hub design to support higher RPM with reduced vibration.
- Full range of inch/metric clamp-style and set screw hubs with or without keyways.
- Coupling hubs machined from high grade (type 2024 t351) aluminum bar stock for precise fit, superior strength, and bright finish.
- The advanced polyurethane material of the spider dampens impulse loads while minimizing shock to the motor and other sensitive equipment.
- Spider comes in three different materials including 85 Shore A - Blue for greatest dampening, 92 Shore A - Yellow for accuracy with a small amount of dampening, and 98 Shore A - Red for torsional stiffness and highest torque.
- Considered fail safe because if the spider becomes compromised the jaws of the two hubs interlock for direct power transmission allowing the machine to be shut down safely.
- The coupling is designed with the spider as the wear element making replacement cost effective and simple. Replacing the spider will restore the capabilities of the coupling
- Stainless steel hubs
- Two-piece jaw coupling hubs
- Special bore sizes and geometry
- Special lengths, widths and outside diameters
- Special material and hardware requests
- And Many Others... Please Contact Us for More Information
Items 1-12 of 10000