- Follow all company polices regarding safety, attendance and code of conduct.
- Actively pursue and correct problems with production equipment and facility systems.
- Order parts and materials from machine manufacturers, online vendors and local outlets.
- Maintain machine parts and material stock levels.
- Monitor, maintain and update the work order system data base.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- 5 years experience as a maintenance technician in a manufacturing environment.
- 5 years experience with basic electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics and metal fabrication.
- Ability to read/interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to stand, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Ability to climb ladders safely and without assistance for a minimum of 10 times per day.
- Ability to use both hands for effective manipulation of tools/parts.
- Ability to work outside in varying weather conditions.
- Ability to communicate successfully with other members of the team and operations.
- Ability to work around grease, oils and solvents without adverse reaction.
- Ability to stand/walk for 8 – 10 hours during scheduled shift.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50lbs.
- Ability to pickup and or drop off small machine parts and or materials to local suppliers/vendors/contractors as needed.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and own hand tools.
- High School Diploma, Vocational or Technical school diploma required.